ONE DAY MOUNTAIN BIKE
Cycling The Inca Land – Full Day Adventure Tour
Maras & Moray For all mountain biking lovers, Peru has one of the largest networks of Inca remains and following the innumerable trails that connect with the most amazing sites in the Cusco, Puno, Nasca, Lima, Arequipa, Paracas, passing through remote villages out of the reach of motorised vehicles, and having the chance to get know local Andean communities and learn their amazing life style. Mountain Biking is a relatively new sport in Peru, but new routes are rapidly being opened up, many of which offer excellent opportunities to ride.
For the more adventurous people, we arrange long biking trips. We are best undertaken and an experienced tour operator providing professional guides and bicycle equipment as well as the necessary supporting 4WD vehicles.
We have cycle trips from 1 up to more days designed to get the most out of your holiday. Beginning in the high Andes and descending into the Amazon jungle, we cycle from altitudes of 5000m to 600m. Biking on the single tracks, dirt roads, humid lands, frigid and warm climates, camping or spending in the local’s family houses.
- Tour Duration: 1 Day
- Departure Time: 7:00 hrs
Sacred Valley Bike Tour Itinerary
At 7am we pick you up from the hotel and travel by own private vehicle to Chincheros, which takes 40 minutes. Here we begin our cross country biking tour on the nice Andean landscape. We visit Lake Huaypo, Maras-Moray, Salt mining and finally enjoy doing downhill biking to Urubamba in the Sacred Valley. Maras is an Inca settlement, and is a place named Salineras, are extensive terracing salt areas, controlled, and used since before Inca days. This trip is for beginners, and experience bikers, you can choose to ride in asphalt road, dirt road and single trucks. Will be a nice experience mixing the sport and knowledge of the Inca culture. After 5 hours biking 35km stopping at different view points. The lunch is at Urubamba and then back to Cusco.
- Private supporting vehicle
- English-Speaking MT bike guide
- GT/TREK/BIANCHI/CANNONDALE Mountian bikes in good maintenace (full disc brake)
- Windproof and full-finger glove which can also be worn during the cold season or high altitudes
- Helmet; light ventilated and comfortable for your head
- 1 lunch in the sacred valley of the Incas
- Plenty of snack and drinking water keep in cooler
- Entrance fee to every archaeological sites, according the program (some tour operators don’t include this ticket)
- Repair kits and new parts
- Bottle of oxygen and first aid kit for all participants and our cam staff
- Biking tour price include government sales tax (19% as know IGV)
What to Bring
- Small daypack
- Water bottle
- Sun hat/cream
- Boots or Sturdy walking shoes
- Pants are recommended not shorts
- Rain poncho in case wether are cloudy.
WHY HIKING MACHU PICCHU?
HIKINGMACHUPICCHU specializes in providing the best travel services in Peru. We’ve been in business since 2015, creating customized itineraries for our clients based around their personal plans and preferences. In our line of work we don’t only make plans, we help you build experiences and memories.
I was born in 1996, in a little town 40 minutes away from Cusco, called (POROY) when I was 3 years old my father died due to alcoholism, I was then taken by American folks from Texas U.S.A and lived with them in Cusco since. my American parents after 20 years in Peru they now have a Children’s home in the jungle area of Peru (PUERTO MALDONADO ) , So i decided to open this company to be able to help my parents with funds and sponsor kids that need help. so thats me . By the way i love photography.